Diversity and Inclusivity – Cultural Competency
Audit your programs, teams and workplace culture to map the inclusivity of your organisation.
Learn how to diversify your staff and volunteers and how to remove barriers that may be preventing people from accessing your services.
LGBTIQ Cultural Competency and Inclusive Practice Training
3.5 -5.5 hrs (approx. 12-30 participants):
Including inclusive practice resources, handouts, and a comprehensive outcomes report and an action plan for any further steps required for development in this area.
- Biological sex overview (including Intersex Variation)
- Gender Roles/ Norms
- Gender Expression
- Gender Identity (Trans women, Trans man, Gender Non-Binary, Brotherboy, Sistergirl)
- Sexuality Identity
- Homo/Bi/Trans/Phobia and Intersexism
- Intersectionality considerations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Disability, Cultural Diversity)
- Gender Neutral Language and Practice
- Why creating an inclusive environment is important
- How to create an inclusive environment for clients and staff
- How to signal to the community that your organisation is an inclusive environment
- Resources and Referrals: Developing Pathways and Community Connections.
We can also customise content and create supporting resources specific to your needs.
Awareness Raising Presentations
0 mins- 2 hours (20-200 participants):
Single speaker- or we can arrange a panel of speakers from local LGBTIQ+ groups and organisations.
Organise an information session to raise awareness about LGBTIQ+ Inclusive Practice, LGBTIQ+ Rights or Allyship. Connect with local groups and organisations and build relationships and referral pathways.
These can be done anytime, but you may wish to link your session in with the following days of note:
- Transgender Day of Visibility- March 31st
- International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)- May 17th
- Wear it Purple Day- last Friday in August
- Bisexual Awareness Week- September 23rd
- International Lesbian Day- October 8th
- Perth PrideFest- November
Inclusive Practice Auditing
Audit your systems, forms, communications, website and resources to assess their inclusivity and diversity and receive a detailed report of recommendations and a plan to implement them.
Policy and Consultancy
Individualised and tailored consultancy services including policy review and creation.